The manor house which is now known as the Hotel Schloss Reinach came into being following the destruction of the previous moated castle in the 30-years-war. Despite the ravages of history – in 1870, it almost burnt down – until 1969, the property remained very much in use as one of the biggest manor houses in the region.
In 1991, the entire property was restored before reopening as a luxury hotel in the year 1993 – combining modern art with historic curiosity.
The hotel changed hands in 2007, and under the ownership of Beatrix and René Gessler, it underwent a full renovation before reopening on 5 June 2008 as the "new" Schloss Reinach at a festive gala evening. It has enriched its local environment ever since, and is a hotel that stands out due to its quality and variety.
History in figures
- In the thirty-years-war:Construction
- 1626: The estate falls into the hands of Baron Beat Melchior von Reinach
- 1870: The manor house almost burns down
- Until 1969: In use as a manor house
- 1991: Restoration
- 1993: Opens for the first time as a hotel
- July 2007: Mr and Mrs Gessler assume ownership of the insolvent hotel
- June 2008: Opening of the "new" Schloss Reinach