Tor im Innenhof des Hotel Freiburg im Breisgau


From an historic manor house to a special hotel

The manor house which is now known as the Hotel Schloss Reinach came into being following the destruction of the previous moated castle in the 30-years-war. Despite the ravages of history – in 1870, it almost burnt down – until 1969, the property remained very much in use as one of the biggest manor houses in the region.

In 1991, the entire property was restored before reopening as a luxury hotel in the year 1993 – combining modern art with historic curiosity.

The hotel changed hands in 2007, and under the ownership of Beatrix and René Gessler, it underwent a full renovation before reopening on 5 June 2008 as the "new" Schloss Reinach at a festive gala evening. It has enriched its local environment ever since, and is a hotel that stands out due to its quality and variety.


History in figures

  • In the thirty-years-war:Construction
  • 1626: The estate falls into the hands of Baron Beat Melchior von Reinach
  • 1870: The manor house almost burns down
  • Until 1969: In use as a manor house
  • 1991: Restoration
  • 1993: Opens for the first time as a hotel
  • July 2007: Mr and Mrs Gessler assume ownership of the insolvent hotel
  • June 2008: Opening of the "new" Schloss Reinach
  • 2015: Completion of the new wellness area
  • 2016: completion of the hotel extension (+ 20% room capacity)
  • 2017: Completion of the Black Forest Lodge on Feldberg in Altglashütten / completion of the outdoor area with pool
  • 2018-20: Continuous renovation of the old building rooms
  • 2020: New opening of the two restaurants REGIONAL and CROSS-OVER in the hotel complex